Monday, March 14, 2011

Movies Based On Books < The Original Books

 So, we were assigned a project that should take roughly the rest of the school year to do. That is to choose a Fictional novel that was transformed in to a movie. Based on the books I have read (and that would be a lot of books) the movies literally fail at trying to be as up to par as the original novel/book. A very good example of that would be the ever so popular Fictional novel "Twilight." The book alone was over three hundred pages long, and the movie was only and hour and twenty minutes long. A good example of a novel that had a movie based on it that was actually good, and told the novel through the story very well was "Lord Of The Rings." Those movies were like 4 hours each! 


 I decided to choose "Carrie" By Stephen King. For two major reasons: I have never read this book or have seen the movie before in my life. And it's a novel and movie based in an older time frame (1970's). I already know I will be interested in this novel, it is a horror novel based on teens around my age. I can't wait to see if they made the movie to be just as good as the novel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment